Tropika Smoooth Slenda Story Competition
Terms of Conditions
1. The Tropika Smoooth Slenda Story Competition (“Competition”) is promoted by Clover S.A. (Pty) Ltd (“Clover”).
2. The Competition is open to all South African Residents who are 18 of age or older and who are in possession of a valid identity document, except directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants of or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the promoter or marketing service providers in respect of the promotional Competition, or the spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
3. This Competition opens on Monday, 15 May 2017 and closes on 19 June 2017 (“Competition Period”). Entrants can enter daily from Monday 7:30pm and between 7am and 2pm every Tuesday to Thursday for the duration of the Competition Period.
4. To stand a chance to win a Trip to the Seychelles with Tropika Slenda, or one of the weekly Prizes, the entrant must buy a Tropika Slenda bottle and complete one or more of the daily stories found on Tropika Facebook, Twitter or Instagram by adding their own Twist ending. Each Monday to Thursday a new story will be posted at 7am. You may enter as many times as you like provided each entry is unique.
5. In order for an entry to be considered valid the entrant must already follow or be a fan of Tropika through the relevant platform where he/she has chosen to enter the Competition.
6. The same story is posted each day on Mondays during the show in evening and Tuesdays/Wednesdays/Thursdays at 7am across Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. The Tropika brand and agency team (“Tropika Team”) will choose the top twist story ending per day from all three channels. Only one story ending will be chosen across all three channels as the best entry for the day (“Daily Winner”). The Daily Winners will be notified between 3pm and 5pm entry each day via direct message, tweet or post. Should a Daily Winner not be contactable 7pm on the date of winning entry and/or should a Daily Winner not provide Tropika Team with requested contact number by this time, that Daily Winner may be disqualified and the Tropika Team may select a different Daily Winner on the same conditions herein.
7. On each Thursday during the Competition Period, the Tropika Team will select, from the 5 (five) Daily Winners’ entries for that week, the most creative Twist ending entry (“Weekly Winner”).
8. The Weekly Winners will be called per telephone on the Expresso Live show on the Friday during the week of winning entry (19 May 2017, 26 May 2017, 2 June 2017, 9 June 2017 and 16 June 2017). If the Weekly Winner is for any reason not contactable by Expresso after no more than 2 (two) attempts on the Friday, that Weekly Winner will be disqualified and another Weekly Winner may be determined.
9. Each Weekly Winner will be asked a question during the telephone call on Expresso Live, for which the answer will be on the Tropika Slenda bottle. Weekly Winners should have a Tropika Slenda bottle at hand during the call. Only if he/she answers correctly, will he/she receive a Tropika Hamper to the total value of R 1500.00 (one thousand five hundred rand) (“Tropika Hamper”), and also be included in a draw for the grand prize herein. All Weekly Winners, who answered the said question correctly (“Prize Winners”), will be included in the draw for the grand prize.
10. The Tropika Hamper includes the following items: one (1) Slenda Shopper Bag, one (1) Slenda Toiletry Bag, one (1) Generic Cap, one (1) Generic Cocktail making set, one (1) Generic Beach ball, one (1) TIOT USB Power Bank and one (1) Slenda Towel. The Tropika Team will contact the Prize Winners to make arrangements for delivery of the Tropika Hampers, which will be delivered within 30 (thirty) days from determination of the Prize Winners
11. The entrant will have to buy a new Tropika Slenda in order to receive a Tropika Hamper and to be included in the draw for the grand prize of a trip for two persons to the Seychelles. Each Prize Winner herein must be able to provide a copy of the till slip or other proof of purchase of the Tropika slenda bottle within 48 (forty-eight) hours of being requested to do so by Clover, failing which he or she may be disqualified at the discretion of Clover and shall not be entitled to receive any prize herein.
12. Each Competition post will be accompanied by detailed instructions on how to enter.
13. The Tropika Team will randomly draw 1 (one) person (“Grand Prize Winner”) from all the Prize Winners herein as winner of the grand prize. The Grand Prize Winner will be announced on Expresso 19 June 2017. Winner will further be notified per telephone and/or email within 7 (seven) days from the draw.
14. The Grand Prize consists of: A Trip for two (2) persons to the Seychelles, which will include the following:
a. Two (2) Economy class return flights with Air Seychelles from Or Tambo International Airport;
b. 5 (five) nights’ accommodation at Savoy Resort and Spa in Seychelles on a full board basis, The Grand Prize Winner will be accommodated in an ocean view room; and
c. Airport transfers between Mahe Airport to Savoy.
15. The Grand Prize will be subject to the following:
a. The Grand Prize is limited to the description in 14 above and does not include any extras or any item not specifically mentioned in clause 14 above and may differ from marketing material.
b. The Grand Prize Winner is responsible for own transport to and from OR Tambo International Airport. need to make their own way to Johannesburg.
c. The Grand Prize Winner and partner must have, or at their own cost obtain, a valid passport and/or the necessary visa where required, in to travel to Seychelles, and must not be legally prevented from travelling to the Seychelles or taking up the grand Prize.
d. The Grand Prize must be taken up before 1 April 2018 failing which the Grand Prize will be forfeited and the Grand Prize Winner shall have no claim against Clover.
e. The Grand Prize, or any part thereof, may not be exchanged for cash any other item and is not transferable. Clover reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize, or part thereof, with any other prize of a similar commercial value.
16. Each Prize Winner will be required to provide a copy of his/he valid Identification Document within 48 (forty-eight) hours of being requested to do so by Clover, failing which that Prize Winner may be disqualified and will forfeit any prizes herein.
17. Clover reserves the right to request that images taken of the Prize Winners or Grand Prize Winner to be used for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without any further remuneration being made payable to the the said winners, which request the said winners may decline.
18. Clover reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions and Competition Rules at any time during the Competition Period, should it be deemed necessary in its sole and unfettered discretion.
19. Clover shall have the right to terminate the Competition immediately and without notice for any reason beyond its control requiring this. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of this promotion and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter, its agents and staff.
20. Participation in the Competition constitutes acceptance of the Competition rules and entrants agree to abide by the rules
21. Any reference to the Clover/Promoters includes the directors, members, partners, sponsors, agents or consultants of Clover, where the context allows for it.
22. The Promoters’ decision regarding any matter concerning the Competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions, including the determination of the Prize Winners and Grand Prize Winner, is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. Where relevant, if a Prize Winner or Grand Prize Winner does not accept the Prize as required herein, if an entry is not valid for whatever reason, if a Prize Winner or Grand Prize Winner has breached these terms and conditions, if a Prize Winner or Grand Prize Winner renounces and prize herein or Clover deems such Prize Winner or Grand Prize Winner to have renounced any prize herein, Clover reserves the right to declare the prize forfeited and/or choose a new Prize Winner or Grand Prize Winner as the case may be.
24. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the entrants or the Promoters in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008.
25. Clover will need to process your personal information to validate your entry as well as to contact you to offer you products and, if you are a Prize Winner, to make the prize available to you. By entering this Competition, you specifically and expressly consent to Clover processing your personal information for these purposes and you specifically and expressly consent to Clover contacting you for marketing purposes.
26. Clover assumes no risk and/or liability whatsoever for the failure of any technical element in the Competition which may result in your entry not being successfully submitted and/or any Prize Winner or Grand Prize Winner not successfully receiving or taking up a prize herein.
27. Once a Prize Winner or Grand Prize Winner accepts a prize herein, the Prize Winner or Grand Prize Winner accepts the prize at his/her own risk.
28. Clover assumes no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss, harm or damage arising from your participation and/or use of any prize awarded in the Competition or for any loss or damage, howsoever arising. All persons entering this Competition, indemnify and hold Clover harmless for any loss, damage, harm or injury (whether arising from negligence or otherwise) which may be sustained by him/her or as a result of any claim, costs, expense, loss or damages which may be made by any third party.
29. If required by the Minister of Trade and Industry, the National Consumer Commission or for whatever other reason, we will have the right to modify or terminate this Competition with immediate effect and without notice of such modification or termination. In such event, all entrants hereby waive any rights, which they may have against Clover and hereby acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against Clover.
30. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook and any correspondence related to the Competition should be directed at us and not Facebook.