Part of Clover’s vision is to deliver trusted products and sustainable shareholder value by being a responsible corporate citizen and preferred employer.
As part of achieving this vision, Clover recognises its responsibility to reduce, and as far as practicable, to eliminate the impacts of its business on the environment. This responsibility relates not only to operations within Clover's control, but also to Clover's supply chain partners, which are recognised to be responsible for significant environmental impacts in supplying Clover.
In realisation of this responsibility,
Clover is committed to the following:
- Implementing and maintaining an effective Environmental Management System to provide a structured framework for continual improvement of our environmental performance.
- Quantification of the carbon footprint associated with our operations and key elements of our supply chain, and the setting of annual targets for reducing Clover's overall climate impact.
- Monitoring water usage across our operations, and setting of targets for reducing water consumption.
- Implementation of programmes to minimise the generation of solid and liquid wastes and the impacts of their disposal.
- Implementation of programmes to minimise returns and damages, and the impacts thereof on the environment.
- Monitoring energy usage across our operations and setting of targets for reducing energy consumption and associated emissions.
- Implementation of procedures for managing the impacts of on-site storage of fuels and chemicals, both during normal operation and in the event of spills and emergencies.
- Optimising the use of primary and secondary packaging.
- Adherence to all applicable environmental legislation.
- Ongoing support and development of its Best Farming Practices (BFP) Programme, to ensure continual monitoring of, and reduction in, the impacts associated with milk supply.
- Engagement with partners in its supply chain, as well as with customers, to inform them of our activities in reducing environmental impacts and partner with them in reducing their own impacts.
- Making all staff aware of this policy, and equipping them with the skills to achieve the requirements of this policy and of the EMS more broadly.
We are committed to reviewing this environmental policy annually, as well as reviewing targets and progress towards achieving its environmental objectives.