Clover is and remains committed to providing the user with secure access to its website/s. Clover wants its user/s to use Clover website/s with complete confidence, and make their experience on Clover website/s as rewarding as possible.
For the purposes of this policy “personal information” shall have the same meaning ascribed to it as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPI).
Clover may from time to time provide hyperlinks to web sites, platforms and/or applications (“Third Party Sites”) which Clover does not have control over. These Third Party Sites may have their own privacy policies and terms and conditions and users are encouraged to read them prior to use thereof. The provision of Third Party Sites by Clover should not be construed as an endorsement, agreement or support of the content thereof and Clover shall not be liable, in any manner whatsoever, for the access to, inability to access or content of the Third Party Sites including its privacy policies.
Types of personal information collected
Clover may from time to time collect, amongst other, the following personal information of users:
1. Name and surname;
2. Contact details;
3. E - mail addresses; and
4. IP address
Clover also collects non- personal statistical information about browsing habits, click patterns and access to the Clover website/s.
Use of personal information
Clover uses the personal and non-personal statistical information collected from users for various purposes which include, amongst others:
1. To communicate information requested by users;
2. To compile and maintain the newsletter database;
3. The registration and/or authentication of users;
4. To maintain information submitted by users in respect of competitions and promotions from time to time;
5. For auditing purposes;
6. To compile non- personal statistical information about browsing habits, click patterns and access to the Clover website/s;
7. To evaluate the use of Clover website/s, products and services;
8. To analyse the effectiveness of our advertisements, competitions and promotions.
How is personal information collected:
Clover collects personal and non – personal statistical information about users either electronically by using cookie technology or personal information submitted by the user voluntarily.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a feature built into your browser that assigns you a user ID, and is used to follow the pattern of movements of web users. Cookies lets Clover know which pages on its website/s are visited, in what order and how often. By themselves, cookies can't be used to discover a user’s identity, they merely identify a user’s computer connected to Clover servers when a user visits the Clover website/s.
Privacy and security
Clover shall take all reasonable steps to secure the content of its website/s and the information provided by or collected from its users. Access to a user’s personal information is restricted to prevent unauthorised access, modification or misuse and is only permitted amongst the Clover Group on a need-to-know basis.
If users have any questions, comments or concerns about how Clover handles personal information, then they may contact Clover at the address provided on its website/s.
Usage and reservation of rights
Clover reserves the right to and may collect, maintain, save, compile, share, and disclose any information submitted by or collected from users, provided that:
1. Clover shall not disclose any personal information of users unless given explicit legal written consent to do so;
2. Clover may disclose information about customers, where required to do so, in good faith, or by law or to exercise the legal rights or defend Clover against legal claims;
3. Clover may share information with law enforcement agencies to investigate or prevent illegal activities being committed over the Clover network;
4. Clover may monitor user and network traffic for site security purposes and prevent any unauthorized attempts to tamper with the site or cause damage to Clover property;
Clover owns and retains all rights to non – personal statistical information collected and compiled by Clover.