• 1 slice of bread
• 50 ml Clover full-cream milk
• 1 onion
• cooking oil
• 400 g beef mince
• 1 teaspoon (5 ml) mild curry powder
• 3 ml turmeric
• ½ cup (125 ml) raisins
• 45 ml chutney
• salt and pepper to taste
• 6 x small, ready-made frozen pancakes, thawed
• 375 ml Clover full-cream milk
• 4 eggs, beaten
• 6 bay leaves
1. Cut the crusts off the bread slice and soak the slice in 50 ml milk. Squeeze out the milk and crumble the bread. Sauté the onion and garlic in some of the oil. Add mince and brown. Add the spices, raisins,chutney and bread and mix well. Simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes.
2. Grease the hollows of a six-hole muffin pan.
3. Line each hollow with a pancake. Divide the meat between the hollows of muffin pan.
4. Beat the eggs and milk together. Season to taste. Pour 2 tablespoon (30 ml) of the mixture over the meat and stick a bay leaf into each bobotie cup.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 160 °C for 20 minutes or until toppings have set and cups are golden in colour. Carefully remove cups from muffin pan and serve warm.