• 100 g Clover Mooi River butter
• 200 ml sugar
• 2 tablespoons (30 ml) instant coffee granules
• 2 eggs
• 250 ml Clover sour cream
• 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla essence
• 2 cups (500 ml) cake flour
• 1 ml salt
• 1 ml bicarbonate of soda
• 1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking powder
• 50 ml chocolate chips
• Clover Mooi River butter
• Clover Amazi
• Clover cream cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Beat the butter, sugar and coffee together until smooth. Add the eggs and beat well, then add the sour cream and essence and beat.
2. Add the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and chocolate to the butter mixture and mix just until the dry ingredients are mixed in. Spoon equal amounts of batter in a greased muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown in colour.
3. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan before turning out onto a wire rack. Serve plain or with butter, Amazi or cream cheese.