• 1 x 200 g packet of Romany Creams
• 125 ml Marie biscuits
• 20 ml cocoa
• ¹/³ cup (90 ml) Clover Mooi River butter, melted
• 2 x 250 g tubs of cream cheese
• 1 cup (250 ml) Clover sour cream
• 1 can (385 g) of Clover condensed milk
• 45 ml cake flour
• 3 extra-large eggs
• 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla essence
• 200 g dark chocolate, broken into small blocks
• 2 tablespoons (30 ml) cocoa
• 1 x small packet of pistachio nuts
1. Preheat the oven to 160 °C.
2. Finely chop the Romany Creams and Marie biscuits in a food processor. Add the cocoa; then chop again until thoroughly mixed. Add the melted butter and mix once more. Use the blunt side of a knife and firmly press the cookie crumbs onto the bottom and sides of a loose-bottomed cake pan of approximately 22 cm in diameter.
3. Combine the cream cheese, sour cream and condensed milk in a mixing bowl. Mix well. Sift the cake flour; then thoroughly mix it into the cream cheese mixture. Beat the eggs; then add the vanilla essence. Melt the chocolate in the microwave oven for 2 minutes at 50% power. Stir the mixture after every minute of cooking time. Microwave for a few extra seconds if necessary. Let the chocolate cool down a little; then mix it into the cream cheese mixture. Pour the cream cheese mixture onto the biscuit crust. Place the cake pan in a larger pan to avoid any messin the oven. Bake the cheesecake for 50 minutes (it doesn’t have to be completely set in the middle). Leave the cheesecake in the oven for 20 minutes, with the oven door slightly ajar. After 20 minutes, open the oven door wide and let the cheesecake cool down completely. Wiggle the cake pan to loosen the cheesecake; then place it on a serving plate.
4. Sift the cocoa over the top, sprinkle with the chopped nuts, and serve.