• 4 x 15 ml good-quality coffee granules
• 2 cup (500 ml) boiling water
• 300 ml Hanepoot wine
• 4 egg yolks
• ¾ (195 ml) castor sugar
• 4 x 250 ml tubs mascarpone
• 2 cup (500 ml) Clover Classic custard
• 150 g (1 slab) dark chocolate
• 1 teaspoon (5ml) gelatine
• 1 tablespoon (15 ml) water
• 500 g chocolate sponge finger biscuits
• 1 cup (250 ml) Clover cream, whipped
• 100 g dark chocolate, grated
• 100 g shop-bought peanut brittle, chopped
1. Mix the coffee, water and 250 ml wine. Keep aside. Beat the egg yolks and 65 g of castor sugar until light and fluffy. Beat the mascarpone, remaining wine and castor sugar together until slightly thickened. Gently fold into the egg mixture to combine. Dip the biscuits in the coffee mixture until they just start to soften. Line the base of a 3-litre serving dish with the biscuits. Top with a layer of the mascarpone mixture, then a layer of the custard mixture (*see below), followed by a sprinkle of the chocolate. Repeat layering with the remaining biscuits, mascarpone, custard and chocolate. Spread the top layer of biscuits with the cream and sprinkle more chocolate over. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. Break peanut brittle into pieces and sprinkle over the tiramisu before serving.
3. Heat the custard in a saucepan over a moderate heat. Stir in the chocolate until melted. Dissolve the gelatin in 1 tablespoon (15 ml) water. Add to the custard mixture and stir until dissolved. Allow to cool and spoon onto the mascarpone layer.