• 1¾ cup (250 g) cake flour
• ½ cup (125 ml) castor sugar
• 250 g Clover Farmstyle butter, softened
• 1,75 ml baking powder
• 1 cup (250 ml) Clover Farmstyle butter
• 50 ml light muscovado sugar
• 2 x cans (385 g) of Clover condensed milk
• 750 g milk chocolate, broken into pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C and grease a 30 x 23 cm baking tin. Sift the cake flour into a mixing bowl and add the castor sugar. Using your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs. Gently stir the mixture together to form a dough. Press the dough into the base of the tin and prick lightly with a fork. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool.
2. Place the butter, muscovado sugar and condensed milk into a pan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil, stirring all the time, then reduce the heat and simmer very gently, stirring continuously, for about 10 minutes or until the mixture has thickened slightly. Pour over the shortbread and leave to cool.
3. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of very lightly simmering water. Remove from the heat and stir until smooth. Pour the mixture over the caramel and leave to set. Cut into squares or bars when completely set.