• 300 g puff pastry
• 2 onions
• 3 cloves garlic, crushed
• 3 x 15 ml Clover Mooi River butter
• 400 g mushrooms, sliced
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 50 ml flat-leaf parsley, chopped
• 3 eggs
• 250 ml Clover full-cream milk
• 200 g Clover Gouda cheese, grated
1. Roll the pastry to 5 mm thickness and line a quiche tin. Refrigerate
2. Chop onions and add crushed garlic. Melt butter and sauté onion and garlic until the onion is soft and translucent. Add mushrooms and sauté for 3 more minutes. Season and add parsley. Remove from heat and put aside to cool.
3. Beat eggs and add milk. Pour mushroom mixture into pastry crust and sprinkle with grated cheese. Add milk mixture. Sprinkle with paprika and bake in the oven at 180 °C for 35 to 45 minutes or until set.
For an onion ring finish along the sides, grease a spring-form pan with butter. Arrange the onion rings around the sides with flat-leaf parsley in between. Put some pastry along the side and lightly press against the onions and parsley